It has been a dull year.  Nothing really to report.  Get up in the morning, have a healthy breakfast and then get ready to face the day.

If the weather permits and we have nothing else planned George and I go for a walk for about 2 hours.  Then I rest at home while he goes to the office.  He formed a new organization this past January called Sculpture Northwest which is involved in developing a major sculpture exhibit next year in Big Rock Garden Park. It is all too complicated for me as he is dealing with sculptors in Mexico, the USA and Canada and now most recently with the Ministry of Culture in Serbia.

We have a ritual for the week.  On Tuesday morning George drives me to a beauty parlor where I have my hair washed and set while he does some shopping nearby.  Every Thursday he comes home from the office by 12:30 and we go to a Thai restaurant for lunch.  The staff knows us well as we have exactly the same thing each time we go there.  When they bring the food they also bring several boxes for the ‘take home’ which we apportion off right then before eating.  That will be our Saturday lunch.

On Friday, right after breakfast, we clean the house and then do our main grocery shopping, getting home about 11:30.  Once we get our groceries put away George jumps into his little red KIA and goes to the office.  He gets home around 5:30 p.m. at which time we have dinner.  After dinner he checks the e-mail and the news on the internet and then takes a nap for about an hour.  Around 8 p.m. he is upstairs and we watch a DVD movie or program of some sort on DVD for an hour and a half after which we have a small dish of ice cream.   I have chocolate chip mint and George has caramel swirl. It rarely changes.  We are in a comfortable rut.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we have oatmeal for breakfast.  On Tuesday and Thursday it is 9-grain cereal.  Always there is fresh fruit in season such as pineapple, oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, etc.  There is a great bakery in town where we get cinnamon-raisin-walnut bread which we toast for breakfast.  All of this is accompanied by many cups of coffee.

On Saturday we begin the day with sour dough pancakes.  The starter is many years old.  At 9:30 George’s helper arrives to help him in the yard raking leaves, fixing water lines, etc., etc.  He leaves at 3 pm.  Around 1:30 we have our Thai left overs for lunch after which George takes a book of poetry or a Spanish novel and goes up in the park to read and chat with visitors.

On Sunday we begin the day with cold cereal, toast, fresh fruit, coffee, coffee and more coffee.  George drives me to Church and picks me up afterward.  Once he dumps me off at home he goes to the YMCA for his Sunday work-out.  He is back by 2 p.m. at which time we have lunch and again he takes a book and goes up to the park to visit and read.

And so it goes.  Day after day, week after week.  No drama.  Just an old folks routine.  It’s easier this way.  Todd and David come by once in a while for a meal or a visit.  Nothing new there either.